Your personal information is private, secure and confidential.
Online privacy is critical when providing online counselling. We take your privacy and private health information protection seriously and have gone to great lengths to ensure you are safe when using our services. There are extensive safeguards built into the Hasu eCounselling website and the servers' operating system it runs on. Hasu ensures protected end-to-end encryption across all devices. All communication and registration information on the website is encrypted using Comodo SSL/TLS technology.
We chose partners who provide encrypted software to ensure your video talk and text counselling is private and secure. These software providers have solid security measures as they are used by other health providers across Canada.. We license our technology from OnCall Health. They are committed to maintaining complete privacy between healthcare providers and their clients.
- Video consultations are encrypted and the content of the video is never recorded or stored anywhere.
- Minimal personal information is required to use the system (only name and email). This data is completely private between providers and their patients or clients.
- OnCall Health complies with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and all equivalent personal health information protection legislation in Canada.
- OnCall Health servers are privately hosted and located in Canada, with the Amazon secure cloud.
- On Call Health collects and processes payments through the platform via PCI-compliant Stripe.
- All personal information is deleted when it is no longer necessary to deliver the service, or immediately when a user closes their account.
- The technology is regularly audited by a third party to ensure privacy obligations are always being met.
Hasu eCounselling is in compliance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Hasu providers are experienced healthcare professionals registered/licensed with their provincial regulatory body. Providers are registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) or the Canadian Association of Addiction Counsellors Federation (CACCF) and adhere to their privacy requirements.
Necessary personal information is collected during registration and assessment for your working file/chart in order to provide you an effective treatment plan. We do not store electronic charts. We protect your privacy, confidentiality and your rights regarding this information.